Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Jordan Almond Wedding Tradition, Italian Style


I just wanted to show the lovely little nests filled with five robin's egg blue almonds that I placed on the tables at my wedding reception. Little did I know that Jordan almonds are actually an Italian tradition. Sure, I saw lots of Jordan almonds tucked into tulle pouches at every family get together. I grew up on the South side. I figured that Jordan almonds were invited to everyone's family gathering. Hmm. Guess not.

A little fact from the Jordan almond website:

ITALIAN WEDDINGS Five almonds signify five wishes for the bride and groom: health, wealth, happiness, fertility, and longevity. These almonds decorate each place setting as favors, tucked into pretty boxes or tulle bags called *bomboniere* that are often personalized with the couple's names and wedding date.(Or in my case a sweet twiggy nest!) You can order the 3" nests from me $2.00 each. I purchased the almonds at www.ohnuts.com

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh, I've been waiting and waiting for some photos from your wedding. I didn't know jordan almonds were an Italian tradition either. Love the significance of "5."

November 7, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home