Monday, November 16, 2009

Here's to 50 years!


Today, I posted an entry on craigslist offering 20 free yellow roses to the first person who showed up at my shop. You see, sometimes I have a few flowers left over from an event, too open to sell, to beautiful to toss. A kind gentlemen was the first to show up, dressed in jeans, boots, flannel shirt, cap and a Carhartt vest. A real rancher. He said he was celebrating his 50th anniversary with his wife. They met in high school. He 20, she 19. He said he loves her as much as he did when they married. I guess that would be in 1959. As I wrapped the flowers for him, he took off his hat and shook my hand. "Thank you ma'am," he said, "you're so kind."

Wow! 50 years! What an inspiration.

Well, I have a new husband. He's the bomb! He's kind, loving, understanding, accepting, gentle, (quite handsome) and a great friend. In 50 years we will be really old, but what the heck... here's to our 50!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm so glad someone received them that had such a wonderful story to tell! Yay, for 50 years!

November 16, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home