Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Barn Wedding from Heaven


So I found this image on pinterest. It has been pinned soooo many times I really don't know where it came from. Would be happy to credit the owner. What a perfectly romantic setting. I don't think its real. Too perfect, too set. Not a spec of dust on the barn floor. When I got married in a barn, we had to step over the peacock poop on the floor and kick the chicken feathers to the side. Not kidding. We had to swat the mosquitoes and squash the beetles. If I look even closer at the pic, I notice that the candelabra is missing tapers. Who would use a candelabra without tapers? And another thing, there aren't enough chairs. In a real wedding reception, you place as many chairs as you comfortably can so that you use fewer tables which means less money spent on rentals, linens and centerpieces. Nope, definately not a real wedding, just an inspiration. And I am inspired, to go fetch another midol. (going to be one of those days.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie J said...

Everything you said is so true! We just had a reception for my daughter weekend before last and the cake and dancing was in a barn. No peacocks or chickens, but there were cats and a nightly raid from a Raccoon. We had to have someone guard the cupcakes before the reception just in case he decided to come early. The chairs WERE a big factor at the reception. We squeezed 8 at every table. 13 tables in a room that probably should have only had 10, but we made it work. I collected vintage dishes and glasses at thrift stores for over a year. The tables were beautiful but because we were traveling, I forgot the vintage pillowcases I was using to cover the backs of the chairs. Oh well. They are married and we survived with only a little trauma. I would do it all again! lol

October 23, 2012 at 5:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well it depends on the type of wedding where the chairs are the most factor. Think about if it is a private and there are selected guest that were invited, if you put a lot of chairs were no one will occupy that's a waste of money then. After all if the visitors in a barn wedding reception will enjoy, that would be enough.

December 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger Sham Monk said...

wayThis place has great views and beautiful big rooms. My daughter was married here and all our guests said that this is the most amazing wedding they've ever been too.
wedding reception venue

July 11, 2014 at 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home