Sunday, November 29, 2009

Since When Does the Florist Make the Rules?



So yesterday, I met with a newly engaged bride-to-be. She says to me "I am wearing a formal wedding gown with a short train and lots of beading, do I need a cascading bouquet?" "Not unless you're Princess Diana." I answered. It appears that another florist told her that she HAD to have a cascading bouquet, a hand-tied would just not do! Seriously? In this day and age when a canine can be your flower girl and the best man can actually be your best woman. I can't even think of one wedding rule. O.k. maybe one...you can't marry a relative. So brides, if a florist tells you something out of left field, recruit another florist. If a florist thinks your ideas are questionable, call me. At The Painted Primrose we don't make rules. If you have your heart set on a bouquet of orange and blue Bronco's colors, our job is to not judge, but to make it beautiful! After all, this is your day, not mine! (AP photo)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home