Friday, January 1, 2010

The Drama of Schwarzwalder Calla Lilies


January 1, 2010! Hail the New Year. The red, white and green of Christmas flowers are behind me now, as its time to explore new color schemes for my 2010 brides. I have several favorite florists that continue to inspire me. One of them is the Hidden Garden Florist of Beverly Hills, California. Love her website. This pic, in particular really stood out. I love the splash of the tropical orchids and beautiful line of the Schwarzwalder calla lilies. I wonder how these callas came to be called "black forest." I can only imagine that they reminded someone of the dense, dark forests of Germany. Intriqing, dramatic...
www.hiddengardenflowers.com

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow - those colors are beautiful together. Just stunning! Hope your family had a wonderful Christmas -- Happy New Year!

January 1, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home