Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How Not to Carry a Wedding Bouquet.


I always try to coach a bride and her bridesmaids on the proper way to carry a bouquet, and this photo is an example of how not to. So often I spot pictures of a bride walking down the aisle with her right arm tucked into the crook of her father's arm and her left arm pointing toward North Carolina. (I live in Colorado, so the Carolinas are east, way east.) I am sure there are exceptions to the rule, but I always tell a bride to rest her bouquet in her two hands. It isn't necessary to hold it like a microphone. If you keep you thumb close to your belly button you are right on. Once I even saw a bride hold the bouquet with her right arm, the same arm that was holding on to her father. Ugh! Simple trick that makes for gorgeous photos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home